Thursday, January 18, 2007

What do I have that God can use?

(1 Corinthians 1:28) and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are:

(1 Corinthians 1:29) that no flesh should glory before God.

(Philippians 3:7) Howbeit what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ. (Philippians 3:8) Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ,

One thing I have learned, the Lord doesn’t need any of the strengths or “talents” that I have been born with. Or even the things I have learned along the way. Only that which is born from above can be used in the Kingdom of God. As Paul said, “I count them all as refuse, that I may gain Christ.”
(Isaiah 55:8) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah.

What is it that I can bring to the Lord that he can use? Is it that I am good at figures; I should be the bookkeeper for the Lord? My earthly math says if I add to the sum, it is gain, but the Lord says if you take away from the sum it is gain. My earthly wisdom says to make wise investments for my future, make sure to have a good savings account. But the Lord says, (Matthew 6:31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (Matthew 6:32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.(Matthew 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.(Matthew 6:34) Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Wow! Take no thought for tomorrow???? It is the Gentiles (unbelievers) that do that?

How then are my financial abilities a value to the Lord?

What if I am good with people, and have a talent to reason with them? Can I not convince them to follow the Lord Jesus Christ? But, the Lord says only the Holy Spirit and his word can draw men to him. Paul said: (1 Corinthians 2:4) And my speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (1 Corinthians 2:5) that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:13) Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth; combining spiritual things with spiritual words. Jesus said: (John 6:63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So it seems it takes the Holy Spirit to speak spiritual things. My wisdom and abilities are of the flesh and can only produce flesh.

(John 3:6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

What if I have great musical ability and can move people to worship God with my songs? But again, if it is not the Holy Spirit working, it is only stirring the emotions in them and not true Spiritual worship. (John 4:24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Conclusion, I have nothing that is of any worth to the Lord. Therefore, it is not big thing that I crucify my life and put my life down as Galatians 2:20 says: “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

The just shall live by faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment