Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PurposeWare?????

Who in their right mind would ever think God intended for us to replace being "led by the Holy Spirit" to being led by a computer program? That is exactly what today's churches are doing. This program can apparently help churches "herd the cats" in a desired direction of the pastor. A must read advertisement: http://www.purposeware.com/?gclid=CPeSnejt24sCFRfOggodwncabw

Or how about the "me..ism" church that builds up ones self instead of Jesus?
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,21595894-5007191,00.html

(Matthew 16:24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.(Mark 10:21) Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Or how about let's make idols unto our self? Hillsong, 'American Idol' Star, 'Passion' Actor Help Kick Off GMA Music Week

Is it not time to come out from among them and be ye separate?


And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; And I will receive you,

(2 Corinthians 6:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment