Thursday, April 03, 2008

Heroes of The Faith

I heard a story of a girl that died this past week. Her parents have taken a lot of heat from the world for not getting her medical treatment that they believe could have saved her life. One comment stands out to me: “Religious beliefs do not supersede a parent's responsibility to seek life-saving treatment for a child” that was found in this article: This statement should stand out loudly to any that call themselves followers of Christ as not Biblical.

The parents of this 11 year old girl that died have my full respect and sympathy. They put their child whom they loved into the Lord's hands and trusted in him to take care of her. Just because it didn't turn out the way our human thinking dictates, doesn't mean they did any thing wrong or didn't have "enough faith" to see her healed. How dare any of us to judge that. I can understand the world thinking that way as they don't believe in a sovereign God as the true followers of Christ should believe. (Romans 14:4) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

We see many examples of this type of faith in scripture. Job said "though he slay me, yet will I trust him". The three Hebrew Children said to the king just before going into the fiery furnace, "Our God is well able to save us, but even if he doesn't we will not bow our knees to you, o king". Or what about Abraham willing to sacrifice Isaac on the altar.

There was the time that Jesus was able to pass through an angry crowd unharmed as they would have pushed him off a cliff to his death. But later in the garden he surrendered his will and prayed God’s will be done taking him to death on the cross. In the article Members in Particular we talked about different answers at different times. Some times it might be “by his strips you are healed” but another time it is “His grace is sufficient” In these last days, God is calling his people to lay down their own will and pray God’s will be done, no matter where it takes us! Completely trusting in the Lord and that all he does is right

These parents paid the ultimate price for trusting in the Lord and he will reward them for it. To believe God knows best even when it hurts so badly is the only real faith God desires from his remnant. How do we know what God saved her from? Only he knows what he saved this child from facing in the days ahead.

Do we know that "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."
(Psalms 116:15)

Paul said in Philippians 1:21, "to die is gain" and in verse 23 "having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:"

My prayers are with this family, may God be with them in their hour of need!

For those who that respect scripture, here is a starting point with some scriptures that we should consider as well. We will see that "ours ways are not God's ways"


(Revelation 12:11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

(Luke 14:26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

(Acts 20:24) But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

(Acts 21:13) Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

Let someone explain this verse to me:


(Hebrews 11:35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

(Romans 8:35-39) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Philippians 1:20) According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
(Philippians 1:21) For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

(2 Timothy 2:4) No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

(2 Timothy 4:6) For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
(2 Timothy 4:7) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
(2 Timothy 4:8) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

(2 Peter 1:14) Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:38 AM

    Hi Becky, I just love your Blog. And I really love the Song in your profile. "I have come" Who is singing that?

    But anyway, I love Heroes of the Faith, in fact I love all that you post.

    I'm going to try and make it to your Bible Study. I need to find my old sign in name and down load Pal Talk again.

    Love In Jesus, Deborah Pattison

    ReplyDelete