Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Fear, But Truth For Those That Are Hid In Christ


Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of Jehovah come upon you, before the day of Jehovah's anger come upon you. Seek ye Jehovah, all ye meek of the earth, that have kept his ordinances; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye will be hid in the day of Jehovah's anger.” (Zephaniah 2:2-3)

I can not keep silent any longer....I will have to let the chips fall where they do. Look what has already started, undermining Biblical warnings of the last days, and shaming any that would speak of such things. I was sent this email "forward" today, it was sent out to encourage Christians the day after the elections. Here is the opening quote from the email:


“Dear Friends,

For months now my email Inbox has been besieged by nearly hysterical warnings about what will happen if Barack Obama becomes President. I have been encouraged to be worried, afraid, concerned, prepared for disaster, and a whole host of other maladies if this happens. I do not deny the importance of this election, but it seems to me that we need a dose of perspective. So here, on the day after the election, I would like to start my own email concerning this election. It's a "True/False" test. I'd like for all of us to take it. Feel free to email it on to whomever:”

Then it precedes with a dozen or so questions asking was God still in control...were we still to be good Christian...saving the lost..and so on...And I believe his conclusion was....don't worry any more we may not like it, but we will be ok because God is still in control.

It is not for fear that we warn, it is the pure word of God going forth to prepare his people for what is coming.

Was Jesus spreading fear when he told the disciples the truth? He told them they would be hated...they would be persecuted....they would be killed....there would be earthquakes...there would be famine…..there would be a false Christ arise to the most powerful position in the world and the whole world would wonder after him....he would come to fix (or should I say "heal") the problems of the world. Jesus said not to be deceived by him....Jesus warned us to watch and pray...to be ready to "flee to the mountains" when we saw these things BEGIN to happen! He said you know the seasons, when the weather was changing by watching for the signs, he said in the same way you should know when the time of the end was at hand. How dare us if we do not warn others!

When Jesus warned of these things, was he afraid God would not be in control? Does God still love us and is he still in control while many are being killed for being obedient to him and for following him? Let me tell you folks! God is not so interested in our comfy little lives we have here on this earth, he is far more concerned with our spiritual life and where we will spend eternity. All else pales in comparison. As long as we know that we are in God's will and are obedient to him....we can have the faith to go through anything!!! There is no hopeless fear in this...if we KNOW our God.....We don't have to put our head in the sand and ignore the truth of God's word....or try to twist it around to fit our own idea of what is right, just to make us feel better!

God is God! He told us these things so we would not be fooled into following the anti-Christ! He told us these things so we would not doubt his hand is still on us even in the worst of times. He told us these things so we would not be caught up in the things of this world. He told us these things so we would not trust in ANY man to SAVE us. He told us these things so that we would have only ONE KING, the Lord Jesus Christ. We do not have duel citizenships; our citizenship is in the Kingdom of God alone!

I am not saying Obama is the man of sin spoken of in scripture, but I would not be foolish enough to say that he is not. He is the most obvious candidate for that position this world has ever seen to date. I believe it is God’s mercy that he is so obvious to those that know scripture to wake them up and drop the “I’ll fly away before it gets bad” deception. And drop to their knees and seek God for some REAL answers.

OH People I would that I could shake you out of your slumber!

And I heard the Lord say: "Alas there is a shaking coming…and for mercy I will do this thing. Tribulation will come to my house first. Through the fire you will be purified. It is coming and not many days off, I tell you these things so you will know and not be deceived. You must learn to lean on me and no one else, for there is no other way for my people to enter in except through me."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    PRAISING THE LORD
    Truth that comes from our Lord Jesus at this time needs to have our full attention. This that is written I know has come from our Lord for He not only prompted you to speak out but also spoke through you. I truly hope we all take heed to this message.

    IN CHRIST JESUS
    GUY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Amen! I fear that the church has fallen into such a deep sleep they cannot hear (or see) what is taking place. For the remnat that understands this, we need to be ready to put on the whole armor of God for those who are too weak to walk or understand. For many will be knocking at our doors and asking. "Why did this happen? We thought he was the one." Get ready remnant of God.

    Baruch HaShem Adonai
    Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

    Mary

    ReplyDelete