Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dont' miss the Bus

June 23, 2007

Last night I had a dream. I was with a group of people in a house that I believe was mine, but it didn’t look like any house I have lived in but it did have some similarities. We all seemed to be waiting for an event that was to take place that day, maybe some type of Bible study. While I knew all the people, some were very resent acquaintances but there was a strong connection between us all, we all seemed like family. One of the ladies picked up an old flower arrangement I had on the counter in the kitchen. It looked old and dusty. The flowers were orange and didn’t match the room. They lady asked why I had those and didn’t I think it was time to throw them out. I said yes, I didn’t remember having them, my mother must have given them to me many years ago and I had forgotten about them. She seemed pleased that I threw them out.

There was a house just up the walk and over a small bridge from us. To take up time while waiting for the event to take place, I strolled up the walk and over the little bridge and into the yard of this other house. The couple that lived in the house seemed to be important to us. I didn’t want to disturb them as I knew they were sleeping and resting up for the Bible study the man was teaching that night.

There were several children playing in the yard around me. As I turned to go back to my house I was walking with my hands behind my back. Just before I walked over the little bridge, one of the children came skipping over to me. She was a very pleasant girl and asked what I had in my hands. I teased her with it for a moment to her delight, and then showed her that my hands were empty. She smiled then skipped back to her friends to play.

Just then someone yelled to me that I was going to miss my bus. I thought “what time is it? How come I didn’t know it was 7:00? I wondered why the time came up so swiftly and I was about to miss it.

I ran as fast as I could back to my house to get on the bus. I knew it would not wait for me if I was late. I remember thinking it has left people before without mercy. As I ran I could see that it was about to leave. I wanted to go into the house and get my purse; I NEVER went any where without my purse. My husband always had me carry our money in my purse and I knew he probably wouldn’t have any in his pockets. What about my cell phone and all the other things I might need in my purse? But with or without the purse, I COULD NOT miss that bus!!!! I decided not to take the chance and go without it. I felt a freedom with that decision. As I got closer I saw the bus slowing pulling off. I ran through the ditch to cut it off, the driver saw me, stopped and opened the doors for me to get in. Through the windows of the bus I could see the relief on the faces of my family. I was so grateful for the mercy that was shown to me as I stepped into the bus.

This is what I believe the Lord has shown me about the dream:

The house it the spiritual house, part of the true Church which is not a natural building as the organized religions has made it.

(1 Corinthians 3:16) Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
(1 Peter 2:5) ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
The people are the part of the body of Christ the Lord has placed us in, our true family.


(Mark 3:33-35) And he answereth them, and saith, Who is my mother and my brethren? And looking round on them that sat round about him, he saith, Behold, my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

(Ephesians 3:15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

The flower arrangement that was in the kitchen where we prepare our food represents some of the flowery words and teaching from the old harlot religious system I was once in. Even though they were old, dusty and unused I had kept them around for semimetal reasons. It was time to completely throw them out they didn’t belong in this house.


(Colossians 2:4) And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

(2 Peter 2:3) And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
(2 Peter 2:18) For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

The event we are waiting for, is a spiritual event, not one seen with the natural eyes, it is leaving the things of this world to be hid in Christ, and Christ manifesting himself in us. Christ appearing in his people.


(Galatians 4:19) My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
(Colossians 3:2-4) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

(Ephesians 1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The other house I went up to while awaiting the event represents teachers that God has used to confirm his word in me, but not to wait on them to show me the way. I didn’t need to be distracted with them and the children that were playing around the house, I almost missed my bus. I need to follow the Lord, the Shepherd and Bishop of my soul.

(Psalms 118:8) It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
(1 Peter 2:25) For ye were going astray like sheep; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
My purse was my “arm of the flesh” to support us in the tribulation we were going into. If I had gone to get it rather than trust completely in God for all provision, I would have missed the bus.

(Matthew 24:17) Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
(Matthew 24:18) Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
(Matthew 24:21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(Matthew 24:22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened

No comments:

Post a Comment